A Question

HarisOne

what to do if someone is speaking other language and mods are not online?
today it happened again. someone was speaking in Arabic and I asked him if he knew the rule (bcz his profile was kinda new) and he said mind your own business and then i said "so fun breaking the rules when mods are not around, right?) and he replied it with some arabic which apparently translates as some abusive words.Screenshot (65).pngScreenshot (66).png
well i dont really care if he abused me but i guess there should be a way to prevent it.
if you are gonna tell me to report then you know what i remember a mod telling me (i dont remember who exactly) that these mutes only work when they are online (i didnt really understand what that mod meant or i forgot it) but i guess something should be done about it. its a small but frequent issue.

tilly0

Staff member
The best thing that can be done is to report the messages in chat, like you said, and even take screenshots to share here if you think it may be needed. I also like to pm a mod in chat that I'm familiar with when there's no site mod online and rules are being broken. I'm fairly certain mutes work regardless if the mod is offline or not. I've noticed that there are a few hours in which no mod can be on, but I am 100% certain it's being worked on. Hopefully in the near future, we can have mods online 24/7.

Of course, I'm not an admin, but I hope this helps even a bit!

HarisOne

The best thing that can be done is to report the messages in chat, like you said, and even take screenshots to share here if you think it may be needed. I also like to pm a mod in chat that I'm familiar with when there's no site mod online and rules are being broken. I'm fairly certain mutes work regardless if the mod is offline or not. I've noticed that there are a few hours in which no mod can be on, but I am 100% certain it's being worked on. Hopefully in the near future, we can have mods online 24/7.

Of course, I'm not an admin, but I hope this helps even a bit!
That was helpful indeed. thanks. just had to make sure about the mute system. how it works and all

My World

Staff member
what to do if someone is speaking other language and mods are not online?
today it happened again. someone was speaking in Arabic and I asked him if he knew the rule (bcz his profile was kinda new) and he said mind your own business and then i said "so fun breaking the rules when mods are not around, right?) and he replied it with some arabic which apparently translates as some abusive words.View attachment 177View attachment 178
well i dont really care if he abused me but i guess there should be a way to prevent it.
if you are gonna tell me to report then you know what i remember a mod telling me (i dont remember who exactly) that these mutes only work when they are online (i didnt really understand what that mod meant or i forgot it) but i guess something should be done about it. its a small but frequent issue.
Tq for reporting this
We took an action